Hyundai

Engine need replacing after having a new installed less than 18,564 miles

Model Year:

2016

Manufacturer:

Hyundai

Model:

Tucson

Pros:It's good economical vehicle when running right

Cons:Inside seating is little low for tall people

Performance
Comfort
Styling
Reliability
Quality
Overall Satisfaction
Problem Category:

Engine

Has your complaint been resolved?

No resolution

On April 19, 2021, I took my vehicle to the Win Hyundai Dealership ("WIN") in Carson, CA complaining about the engine knocking all the time and vicious shaking. WIN Service Advisor had my vehicle sent to its service area to determine the problem, because they could hear the loud noise coming from the engine. WIN Service Advisor then informed me that he would contact me as soon as they can determine the problem. According the Invoice, WIN Technician(s) checked the oil level and took a picture of the oil stick. WIN Technician(s) then checked the engine, determined that the engine required replacing. WIN Technician(s) had determined that the engine knocking was at the lower end of the engine. Soon thereafter, WIN Service Advisor contacted Hyundai Motor America ("HMA") regarding any available warranty. Approximately two days later, WIN Service Advisor contacted me to inform me that he was able to get HMA help with the cost of replacing my engine. He informed me that HMA was offering 80% of the cost to replace my engine at warranty rates.

At this point I was confused, because I had learned that there was recall involving my vehicle. WIN Service Advisor informed me the recall was for part B, to which I would not be charged. He informed me that was being charged for part A as stated on the Repair Order. Part A was the complete replacement my engine. Although, I was not in agreement with having to pay 20% I gave WIN the authorization to repair my vehicle because I needed it.

On August 8, 2022, I took my vehicle back to WIN complaining that the engine sputters, check engine light comes on and goes off, and driving the engine starts to shake and looses power. About two days later, WIN's Service Advisor contacted me, after having my vehicle checked out. WIN Service Advisor informed me that my engine required replacing. Now this is only 18,564 miles, after having to pay 20% to get the engine replaced. So I informed WIN's Service Advisor, that I know this engine replacement has to under warranty. Approximately a week or so later, I was contacted by WIN's Service Advisor, to which he informed me that HMA was willing to cover 40% of the cost to replace my engine. I then told WIN's Service Advisor that I would suit HMA, if they don't cover the cost to replace my engine. About a week or so later, WIN's Service Advisor contacted me, to inform me that HMA is only willing cover 60% of the cost to replace my engine. WIN Service Advisor informed me that he would try again to get HMA to cover the cost to replace my engine. on or about August 30, 2022, WIN Service Advisor contacted me to let me know that HMA will not cover the other 40% of the cost to replace my engine.

On August 31, 2022, I informed WIN's Service Advisor tha I was coming to pick up my vehicle. On said date, I had my vehicle towed out from WIN, every since then my vehicle has been parked and costing me to spend more money unnecessarily.

On September 2, 2022, I emailed the Claims Administrator for HMA to inform he/she of the aforemention situation, request he/she to help me to resolve the matter. I never heard from HMA or its Claims Administrator.

How likely are you to recommend this car to a friend?

No, I would not recommend

Complaint Submitted By:

FRANK C.

Was this helpful?

Share This