Honda could have done better...
Pros:Exterior styling, fuel economy
Cons:Driver comfort, some interior ergonomics
1) Exterior body/lights/window styling much improved, not longer the dorky design of yesteryear.
2) Fuel economy outstanding, so far 40+ mpg highway and 35 city in economy mode.
3) Overall electronic features given economy status of vehicle and trim package purchased (LX), specifically:
-backup camera, and
- rear wiper if in intermittent mode staying on while backing up.
1) Driver comfort poor until purchase of aftermarket 2 foam cushion.
2) Some interior ergonomics, specifically:
- location of some dashboard controls (USB/charging) are slightly out of reach or out of sight,
- center console lid when open makes access to console awkward, and
- USB/charging port in center console hard to reach,
3) Engine/road noise a bit too much, could have used more soundproofing.
Car purchased based on safety, reliability, fuel economy and 5yr overall cost of ownership. I believe it will achieve these goals; however, the CONS detract from impressions of the vehicle. Honda could have put more thought into ergonomics.
Yes, I would recommend
July 1, 2017